Welcome Friends & Visitor!
Blog Statement: we do not post anything that discriminate (or) diminishes people/groups on the basis of age; gender; religion; legal political affiliation; sexual orientation; rude/coarse or inappropriate language; abilities; nationality/ethnicity; or anything that may be considered hate propaganda, libellous, racist, false/misleading, proselytizing and/or potentially offensive. - Thank you! Merci! Gracias! LCA
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY | CMHA-Edmonton https://edmonton.cmha.ca | Position: Administrative Coordinator | Terms: Full-time | Hours: Monday – Friday 8:15am – 4:30pm (occasional evening and weekend work required) | Salary/Wage: $42,525 - $57,644 | Closing Date: Feb 16, 2018
Abstract: The Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative and coordination support functions for a variety of program areas across CMHA-Edmonton. The position is responsible for: coordination activities associated with workshops provided by Education Services; tracking, monitoring and invoicing for services provided through the Practical Supports Program; and coordinating the ordering and distribution of the Tough Times Handbooks that are requested by community groups and organizations. The Administrative Coordinator will also provide general administrative support to assist in the smooth functioning of the CMHA-Edmonton office operations. Duties can include: the ordering of office supplies and promotional materials; processing credit/debit card payments; assisting with payroll activities; receptionist cover-off; etc.
Qualifications/Experience: • Grade 12 Diploma (relevant post-secondary certificate or diploma preferred) • Minimum of 3 years related experience in an administrative support role where coordination activities were a significant part of the role • Acceptable attainment and maintenance of a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check and an Intervention Record Check • Attainment and maintenance of a First Aid certification and Mental Health First Aid certification.
Skills/Abilities: • Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills • Ability to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines and allocate time and resources effectively • Organizational skills with a keen attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy, and excellent time management and prioritization skills • Ability to deal effectively with the other staff, the public, stakeholders and community agencies and maintain good relations • Ability to work effectively in a multi-program and multi-task environment • Ability to deal with challenging situations and work with individuals with diverse personalities • Excellent computer skills, including a high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite • Ability to effectively use Simply Accounting and/or ACCPAC, and be able to work with dBases (preference for Microsoft ACCESS).
TO APPLY | Submit CV/cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAX CARAVANTES – REALTOR | Your trusted multicultural realtor! With 16 + years of experience, Max Caravantes is known for getting results and for providing quality & value-added services. Affordable, convivial, knowledgeable and effective, Caravantes can help you sell your property or buy your new home. Get in touch in confidence at Max/Well Devonshire Realty 587.594.9438 (or) 780.438.2500 | email: email@example.com | Please use code LCA-CGM for reference. Thank You-Gracias!
Monday, January 22, 2018
CANADA TOURING ART & FILM INSTALLATION – Pîkiskwe - Speak - Parle | An Invitation to Conversations in Reconciliation. Featuring LOST MY TALK & Other Artwork, By Lana Whiskeyjack & LANA GETS HER TALK, A Documentary By Beth Wishart MacKenzie | January 21-March 31, 2018 @ Galerie Cité, La Cité Francophone – Edmonton: 8627 Rue Marie-Anne Gaboury (91st Street). NOTE: February 1, 2018 - 7:00-9:00 pm. Special Screening & Conversation in Reconciliation with refreshments & Art Exhibit follows. Co-hosted by Alberta Aboriginal Arts & La Cité Francophone | Free Admission.
Film Trailer: https://vimeo.com/235087959
Thursday, January 18, 2018
COACHING & EMPOWERMENT | BridgeWorks Consulting – my work is about connecting you to your potential. This is achieved through coaching, group facilitation + programs I’ve developed. Foundational in supporting my work are the values I operate from …
| Autonomy: Not being bound by old rules and conditioning. Challenge your thinking and way of showing up in the world | Purposefulness: Being deliberate and discerning in what moves your life forward | Co-creation: We shape our experience by setting events in motion with our thoughts, words and deeds OR by willingly working with what shows up | Caring: At any given moment are all doing the best we know how. Be easier on yourself and others | Wonder: The universe is elegant and loves to surprise us. Pause and be delighted! Visit: http://www.bridgeworkscoaching.ca J MJ
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
· THE OTHER CANCUN! | JOSE CASTILLO TRAVELS | Hola: I run a small tourist service based in Cancun (Mexico) – I have several years of experience offering the services of transportation and private excursions to the main parks/archaeological zones of Cancun and Peninsula of Yucatan. You can trust my experience, knowledge & expertise – my mission is to do a friendly, effective and efficient job. I am also known for hosting and organizing quality private and cultural excursions. Always committed to meeting the needs of my customers I can tailor excursion packages suitable to your needs. Service, trust and competitive pricing are my values, ensuring the best quality of experience. To discuss your travel plans, do get in touch in confidence at: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 521.998.136.7457 | Note: for prompt attention, use Code CGM-LCA.
· INTERCULTURAL TRAINING | The Multicultural Health Brokers Cooperative offers tailor-made meaningful workshops and training opportunities for organizations to gain awareness and skills about culturally responsive practice and collaboration. For details, visit: http://mchb.org/programs/cultural-competency (or) call: 780.423.1973
· TRANSLATION & TUTORING SERVICES | Spanish – English – Spanish | For details: 780.474.6058 | e: email@example.com | www.tcng.ca
· RELIABLE CLEANING SERVICE | Hola! I am available for residential cleaning services. If you need something done or if you know anyone who may, I would be grateful to know. I am affordable and a conscientious worker. Call 780.267.1220 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· EQUI-TEA MULTICULTURAL CATERING | We’re a social enterprise operated by the Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative. Check our menu & let us be part of your event. Visit: http://mchb.org/programs/equi-tea-multicultural-catering | (or) give us a call at: 780.991.2799
· FOOD LITERACY | Wish to explore a program where seniors and senior high school students get together to learn from and support each other? Activities include walking, playing music, dancing, cooking, dining, reading, talking, painting, etc. Info: 780.438.3060 | e: email@example.com | Thanks!
· WAYFINDERS BUSINESS COOPERATIVE | Navigating the 21st Century Together | Our vision is to provide access to a variety of services to help you manage your business and/or your organization. Membership will enable you to use co-op resources to optimize the value you offer while earning appropriate returns. As a co-operative, Wayfinders does not exist to maximize shareholder profits but to provide the best available range of services to members at a reasonable cost. To join and learn further details, please visit: http://www.wayfindersbuscoop.com/index.php
Monday, January 8, 2018
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINARS
Star of the North Retreat Centre Programs
Register at: www.starofthenorth.ca780.459.5511
· Slow Down! Retreat Days with Sandy Prather | Take time to rest your body and refresh your spirit. Each retreat day consists of thought-provoking presentations on a spiritual topic combined with ample time for personal reflection and prayer. Coming Dates – Thurs March 15: Leaning Into Lent: Daring to go Deep | Thurs April 19: “Pack Nothing!”: Travel Notes for the Journey. 9:30 to 3 pm. $40/retreat day (includes lunch).