Welcome Friends & Visitor!
Sunday, October 23, 2022
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Magic & Music: A Benefit for Rising Sun Theatre > Sat. October 01, 2022 | Info: http://www.risingsuntheatre.ca | Tel: 780.913.6177 > A benefit for Rising Sun Theatre, the Edmonton non-profit that creates opportunities for adults with intellectual disabilities to create & perform their own plays with the guidance of theatre professionals.
Featuring Ron Pearson (Magic) + Singer-songwriter Dana Wylie and The Plain Jane Theatre Singers. Free soft drinks, snacks, a cash bar and an exciting silent auction. Saturday Oct.1, 2022 | 6:45 pm Snacks and Auction View | 7:30 pm Entertainment @ Workshop West's Gateway Theatre 8529 Gateway Blvd, Edmonton, AB.
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITY | Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council 2022 | Full Time Position: Program Assistant.
PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITY | Position: Program Assistant | The Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC) is a solution and action-oriented industry-led organization that aims to address issues of access to the labor market integration for internationally trained professionals. ERIEC aims to help increase the employment capacity of immigrant professionals in the Edmonton Region and to connect employers to new Canadians and work in collaboration with immigrant service providers and other key stakeholders.
• ERIEC’s mission is dedicated to ensuring immigrants become fully integrated into the Edmonton regional labor market by focusing on networking, knowledge transfer, information coordination and dissemination, and capacity building to employers, service providers, and underutilized skilled immigrants. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith. Thank you to all those who apply, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
• The Opportunity | We are looking to hire a Program Assistant for our Edmonton office. This opportunity will be a full-time permanent position. You will get to work on a small team with a great passion for guiding and seeing new Canadians succeed! The Program Assistant plays a key administrative role in supporting ERIEC (Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council) staff, clients, and other stakeholders to foster the integration of professional immigrants into the labor market through employment mentoring and networking programs for skilled professionals in the City of Edmonton. You will be actively supporting immigrant clients from application up to the completion of their mentorship relationship with a mentor.
• Who You Are | As the Program Assistant, you enjoy contributing strategically to the organizational growth through effective organization and coordination. You are also sound at making administrative decisions with good data, balancing multiple priorities, and working in a team environment. You possess the right education, experience, and skills.
• What We Offer | As a valued employee at ERIEC, you will receive the following: salary at $45,236 • Health benefits after three months of employment • Three (3) weeks annual vacation – we believe in work-life balance and healthy and well-rested employees. Opportunity to meet and learn from diverse cultures. We believe in a collaborative environment, and we enjoy welcoming and supporting professional newcomers from diverse backgrounds. Career Development & Continuing education and development is something we take seriously. We want to make sure you have the opportunity to maximize your potential.
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm, May 20th, 2022. For a full position description and how to apply please see: https://www.eriec.ca/stories/eriec-hiring-program-assistant/… | Thank You.
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
· MULTIPLE DATES > With classes scheduled about 16 weekends a year, the CBU MBA program in Edmonton in partnership with NAIT caters to people who need flexibility to balance work, family & studies. All courses are delivered on weekends by acclaimed faculty from all across Canada, allowing you to advance your career while continuing to work by earning your MBA degree in 24 months.
· The MBA in Community Economic Development resonates with people working in the public sector, community organizations, social enterprises and entrepreneurial businesses, attracting learners who want to make a difference in their organizations and communities. This MBA is accessible for non-degree applicants who have significant managerial experience, as well as for applicants with non-business degree backgrounds. For a preliminary assessment of your program eligibility & potential GMAT waiver, email your resume and unofficial transcript(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org ||| CBU offers its unique MBA degree in 5 cities across Canada: Edmonton, Saskatoon, Brandon, Toronto, and Sydney.
· For more information please contact: email@example.com ||| IMPORTANT: Please note that during the COVID-19 pandemic, weekend classes will continue using synchronous technologies such as Zoom & Microsoft Teams. In person weekend classes will resume when it is deemed appropriate.
· Information & Registration:
Thursday, February 17, 2022
Implementing a Just Transition
Parkland Institute’s Virtual Conference
Wednesday & Thursday, February 23 and 24, 2022
On February 23 and 24, 2022, Parkland Institute will host its “Implementing a Just Transition” conference. In this virtual event, national and international speakers will discuss the challenges and opportunities involved in implementing a transition to a clean energy economy that is fair to the workers and communities impacted. Hear from our keynote speakers as they explore how all levels of government must engage with impacted communities and workers while implementing policies that will respond to the climate crisis. Engage with our panel of international experts and discover how governments around the world are moving forward with the development of policy and actions for just transitions of their economies. Discuss what a just transition looks like in Canada and Alberta, within the context of a shrinking job market in the Canadian oil and gas industry, which since 2014 has shed 18% of its workforce due to structural changes and increasing automation.
· Sam Smith, director of the International Trade Union Confederation’s Just Transition Center
Watch a video preview of the conference in this series of short interviews with featured panelists. Registration for “Implementing a Just Transition” is open until February 22 at ...
Saturday, February 12, 2022
DART MANAGEMENT CONSULTING | 🙂 ▪ DartQ offers software/cybersecurity testing aptitude tests that provide unbiased assessments of candidates from diverse socioeconomic, culture ethnic backgrounds and genders.
▪ The DartQ Aptitude Test incorporates logic, math, visual, problem-solving skills, demographic and personality questions to develop holistic results. ▪ In addition to the aptitude tests and results we provide a report for clients then meet with them to share out insights. Interested in being a Volunteer Subject Matter Expert?
▪ An opportunity to help women and BIPOC by validating the test ▪ Receive your own test results ▪ Help eliminate biases for Women and BIPOC in the technology sector and create a more inclusive, diverse community
▪ Volunteer SMEs are ideally Women and BIPOC with interest in technology and cybersecurity | For further information, visit: https://www.dartmconsulting.com/dartq
Thursday, January 20, 2022