Welcome Friends & Visitor!
Blog Statement: we do not post anything that discriminate (or) diminishes people/groups on the basis of age; gender; religion; legal political affiliation; sexual orientation; rude/coarse or inappropriate language; abilities; nationality/ethnicity; or anything that may be considered hate propaganda, libellous, racist, false/misleading, proselytizing and/or potentially offensive. - Thank you! Merci! Gracias! LCA
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY | CMHA-ER https://edmonton.cmha.ca/ | Position: Resource Development Associate | Terms: Permanent Fulltime Position | Salary Range: $30,694 - $40,197 annually with benefits | Hours: 35 hours per week – 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. Context: Reporting to the Executive Assistant and Director of Resource Development, the Resource Development Associate will be responsible for database administration and administrative and promotional support to special events, campaigns, charitable receipting, and third party events.
Responsibilities: input/update donor records-gift information accurately into donor management software in a timely manner; prepare monthly giving and weekly event reports; prepare timely and accurate charitable receipting through donor management software; prepare timely gift acknowledgements tailored by appeal through donor management software; assist with the creation of marketing and promotional material for special events and campaigns; manage communications, marketing and promotional material inventory for Resource Development Team; manage social media platforms; prepare tracking documents for, assist with planning and development of, and participate in implementation of special events; promote and market third party fundraising in the community to support agency services; research potential opportunities for grant applications and corporate community investment donation programs which align with agency mission and vision.
Qualifications: Post-secondary education > A minimum of three years’ resource development experience, preferably in the non-profit sector; Able to provide a recent police background check; Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekend; Familiarity with CRA rules governing fund development; Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge an asset; Familiarity with social media platforms to advance agency priorities; Understanding of the principles of client and agency confidentiality; Demonstrated initiative and ability to respond to situations with maturity and composure; Personal values strongly parallel and support organizational values.
TO APPLY | Submit CV/cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com | Closing Date: Dec. 01, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Monday, November 13, 2017
· FOOD LITERACY © | Wish to explore a program where seniors and senior high school students get together to learn from and support each other? Activities include walking, playing music, dancing, cooking, dining, reading, talking, painting, etc. Info: 780.438.3060 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org | Thanks!
· CARMEN MIRANDA | RELIABLE CLEANING SERVICE | Hola! I am available for residential cleaning services. If you need something done or if you know anyone who may, I would be grateful to know about it. I am affordable and a conscientious worker. I can be reached at 780.267.1220 | e: email@example.com | Gracias!
· EQUI-TEA MULTICULTURAL CATERING | We’re a social enterprise operated by the Multicultural Health Brokers Co-op. Check our menu & let us be part of your event. Visit: http://mchb.org/programs/equi-tea-multicultural-catering | (or) call 780.991.2799 for good food details!
· INTERCULTURAL TRAINING | The Multicultural Health Brokers Cooperative offers tailor-made meaningful workshops and training opportunities for organizations to gain awareness and skills about culturally responsive practice and collaboration. For details, visit: http://mchb.org/programs/cultural-competency
· TRANSLATION & TUTORING SERVICES | Spanish – English – Spanish | Local & Affordable. For details: 780.474.6058 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
· WAYFINDERS BUSINESS COOPERATIVE © | 1. Voluntary and Open Membership 2. Democratic Member Control 3. Members' Economic Participation 4. Autonomy and Independence 5. Education, Training and Information 6. Cooperation among Cooperatives 7. Concern for Community | Join an exciting new venture – visit: http://www.wayfindersbuscoop.com/index.php
Thursday, November 9, 2017
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected community agency that has grown in status and stature over some 60 years, and is looking to plan for a progressive future.
The Agency: Jewish Family Services (JFS) is a not-for-profit, inclusive, non-denominational social service agency. Our vision- “Help, With Heart, For One and All”- embodies our agency, which provides services to individuals and communities in the Edmonton region regardless of ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or identity, age, size, disability, or socio-economic situation. Jewish Family Services provides strength and support to individuals and families in need in a manner sensitive to Jewish values. Services are provided under five key program areas: Integrity Counselling, Community Links, Edmonton Healing Centre for Grief & Loss, Seniors Making Age-Related Transitions, and Holocaust Survivor Support. We are a medium sized agency, located in west Edmonton.
For a full job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.jfse.org/about/employment-opportunity-executive-director/ …